TOKYO – March 27, 2019 – gumi Inc. and Yomuneco today announced that its upcoming title, SWORDS of GARGANTUA, is calling out for more adventurers to test their skills against the mighty Gargantua. From Thursday, March 28, until Sunday, April 7, (Pacific Daylight Time), the company will run a second closed beta test and invites global Steam users to apply.
For this beta, the company will be accepting a larger pool of testers, and all accepted testers who share their feedback through a provided survey, will be given the opportunity to have their name added to the credits as a Closed Beta Tester.
There are several new systems added to the second closed beta test:
- New combo system that amplifies your damage after a successful block, dodge or parry.
- More weapons to fight with – a Samurai sword and Club!
- Instead of pre-set enemy waves, now players will fight enemies based on how well they perform. The stronger you are, the harder the enemy!
In order to apply for the beta, join the SWORDS of GARGANTUA Discord and follow the instructions on the #beta-apply channel here: https://discord.gg/d4UZR6B
Key Features in SWORDS of GARGANTUA:
- Hyper Realistic VR Swordsmanship: We’ve taken great care to ensure that each battle feels great through heavy refinement of our battle system and accurate haptic feedback.
- Cross-Platform 4 Player Co-Op: With native voice chat, develop strategies, revive downed friendlies, and battle hordes of enemies in order to protect your mana station.
- Grand in Scale: 100 single player missions, 30 weapons to unlock, and a multiplayer mode rarely seen in VR melee action games.
- Gargantuan in Size: Embrace destiny and take on the mighty titan Gargantua. Larger and more challenging than anything players have faced in Swords of Gargantua before!
SWORDS of GARGANTUA
Official Website: http://www.gargantuavr.com
About Yomuneco Inc.
Yomuneco Inc. is a Virtual Reality game development company based out of Tokyo, Japan. Headed by industry veteran Kiyoshi Shin, Yomuneco is dedicated to the creation of high-quality multiplayer experiences in Virtual Reality. For more information about Yomuneco, please check out our official website: http://www.yomune.co/
About gumi Inc.
Founded in 2007, gumi Inc. (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 3903) is a leading global mobile game publisher and developer headquartered in Japan, with overseas operations in France, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the United States. The company has proven success in launching titles worldwide, such as the widely popular role-playing games Brave Frontier and THE ALCHEMIST CODE. In 2016, gumi established a Silicon Valley-based investment group with partners, called The Venture Reality Fund, which focuses on seed and early stage augmented reality and virtual reality startups. Its VR incubation subsidiaries have expanded globally, including Tokyo XR Startups, Seoul XR Startups, and Nordic XR Startups. In 2018, the company launched gumi Cryptos, an investment arm in blockchain technology and funds. With ongoing publishing and development projects on a wide array of mobile, AR and VR platforms, gumi aims to change the world through innovative entertainment products and services, including both original content and collaborations with popular IP. For more information, please visit http://www.gu3.co.jp/en/.