LONDON, ON – December 6, 2018 – Veteran independent developer Human Head Studios and Canadian publisher and developer Digital Extremes are bringing their online bullet hell-styled roguelite Survived By™ to Open Beta on Steam Early Access today, Thursday, December 6. Entirely free to play, Survived By gives players (“Ancestors”) the chance to experience a fast-paced, cooperative, loot-filled roguelite where players can slaughter hordes of Chimera, level up, team up with dozens of other players to defeat cute-yet-hideous bosses, and craft unique gear and weapons in a lively PvE setting. And when they die, that’s just the beginning. New Ancestors are invited to join Survived By’s expanding Open Beta now!
- Jump into the Early Access here: store.steampowered.com/app/606140/Survived_By/
- Early Access Launch Trailer:
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
By entering Steam’s Early Access program, Human Head is prepared to jump into a new, larger phase of development through extensive Steam community feedback, iteration and improvement.
Key Features in Survived By Include:
- Approachable yet Challenging: As a new player, jumping into the battle in the Heartland is easy and rewarding. Log-in for rewards, escape into a variety of dungeons, and play around with the expanded customization options like character dyes, skins, and attachments. Survived By offers great challenges and rewards for those with hours to invest and explore, while still being fun for those who only have time for quick play sessions.
- Permadeath is Just the Beginning: Unlike other bullet hell rougelites, players regenerate health, survive longer, and don’t need to dodge everything to stay alive. But every time a player dies, they lose almost everything. With the game’s unique Ancestral Legacy system, they’re survived by a new descendant who carries a small part of their legacy (game DNA) with them the next time they play.
- Building With the Community: Since Closed Beta, Survived By has updated frequently with new content and exciting features such as storyline quests, dungeons and rotating events, built with its community’s voice and desires in mind. With Steam Early Access, we’ll continue to grow the Heartland alongside our players.
- Craft Weapons to Slay the Hordes: Players craft and wield powerful projectile weapons as they confront an array of Beasts on their journey. Arming themselves with magic, steel and special abilities, players craft increasing deadly weapons that provide tactical options tailored to their character class. Examples of weapon upgrades range from a single bullet that can pass through multiple enemies to a short-range blast of multiple waving projectiles, to name just a couple. There is so much more!
- Gorgeous Pixel-Art World: Team up with friends and others to explore a huge beautifully rendered pixel-art world. Journey through imaginative, expansive landscapes that tweak familiar Western fantasy concepts with seemingly impossible situations, adorable looking miniature characters, and witty dialog, all set in a colossal living tree.
- Fair Free-To-Play Model: Survived By is designed as a fair free-to-play experience that’s fun for everyone, not just those who pay. No part of progression is locked away behind a paywall. Players are encouraged to trade items such as attachments, dyes, skins, and more with other players using Bloodstones and Electrum.
Ancestors who have played Survived By in Beta will receive a special set of gifts thanks to their dedication and feedback in the early stages of the development process. Gifts for players who already were playing Survived By include 1) a free Starter Pack to all players and 2) for paying players, they will receive the Next of Kin Supporter Pack for free at launch as a bonus. Thank you, Ancestors! Players can join Survived By’s Early Access by visiting our Steam page store.steampowered.com/app/606140/Survived_By/. Tell a friend!
Would you like to join the Survived By community? Head to our forums to start a conversation. Check our official website at www.survivedby.com. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Survived By on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
ABOUT HUMAN HEAD STUDIOS
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Human Head Studios is an independent studio with more than 20 years of experience designing and developing commercial video games. Having worked on almost two dozen projects, the studio is best known for its critically acclaimed, award-winning titles Rune and Prey. Human Head has also contributed to the development of mega hits Bioshock Infinite, World of Tanks, and Batman: Arkham Origins. The studio is currently hard at work on multiple projects for PC and next-gen consoles. For more information visit www.humanhead.com.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of more than 38 million registered players on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.