Auckland, 21 May 2018: Team Ninja Thumbs today announced that the award winning Grabity will be available for Windows PC on Steam from May 31st. In this fast-paced, physics-based arena brawler, 2-4 players duke it out using gravity guns to turn nearby objects into lethal projectiles or makeshift shields in intense tactical throw-downs.
‘We love all the classic couch multiplayer games, and we want to deliver that same vibe with online play too,’ explained Moritz, lead artist and co-designer. ‘We’ve worked hard to make sure Grabity’s game modes are fun, the twin-stick controls are fluid and of course that it all plays smoothly online as well as locally.’
‘Plus you can unlock a ton of different heads to screw on your robot. That’s, um, very important,’ added Steve, programmer for the project.
Requiring both twitch reflexes and a tactical mindset, Grabity demands players outmaneuver and outwit their foes, turning gravity to their advantage, predicting the paths of both projectiles and rivals to secure a brutal hit while snatching their next crate in mid-air. Throughout the frenetic mêlée, the arena evolves kinetically as players smash, grab and loot their surroundings – jostling for the upper hand in a contest of aerial agility, dashing for pickups, hovering momentarily to nail the perfect trajectory and squabbling over the limited environmental ammo.
- 2-4 person online multiplayer – or local for maximum couch trash-talk!
- Intuitive twin-stick controls for a fluid play experience that’s simple to learn but hard to master – pick up, play, git gud
- You can also play with mouse & keyboard if you don’t have a controller handy!
- Side-on 2.5D gameplay, fully rendered in 3D with real-time lighting and physics
- Special items and pickups such as explosive canisters and EMP grenades add spice to the core gameplay
- Custom game modes such as Low Gravity, King of the Crate and Juggernaut
- Several custom-designed Arenas, each hosting a unique set of tactical choices
- Lots of unlockable inventory items such as guns, jetpacks and, ahem, heads
Grabity won 1st place in Kiwi Game Starter 2016, and was awarded a place at the PAX Australia Indie Showcase in 2017, as well as being finalists at PlayByPlay and Chromacon in the same year.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
About Team Ninja Thumbs
Ninja Thumbs is a small independent game studio based in Auckland, New Zealand. We started off doing game jams, but soon realized that we wanted to take on a bigger project together. Grabity is a side project that quickly grew into a serious undertaking when we realized we had a really fun prototype on our hands!