STOCKHOLM – Sept. 26, 2017 – Starbreeze Publishing and developer Lion Game Lion today released RAID: World War II on Windows PC via the digital distribution platform Steam. This thrilling period shooter combines the fun and exciting cooperative gameplay, stealth mechanics and superb sound design for which Starbreeze and Lion Game Lion, led by game director Ilija Petrusic (co-founder of OVERKILL Software and lead level designer of PAYDAY: The Heist and PAYDAY 2), are well known.
RAID’s unique character classes, hero special abilities, customizable weapons and uniforms, and real-world war-torn locations bring this surreal conflict to life as players fight for their freedom against the dastardly Nazi regime through sabotage, robbery and assassination. Four prisoners of war, freed by an ominous secret British intelligence officer named “Mrs. White,” must band together to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all.
Players will utilize key game features to save Europe from the Nazi threat and get rich, including:
- Class-based Gameplay – Choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles;
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff themselves or the entire team;
- Character Customization – RAID’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theater of WWII: Great Britain, the USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and customizable uniform;
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – The Second World War was infamous for arming the world with experimental weapons that went “bang” in deadly fashion. RAID: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with upgrades like custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety of tastes;
- Operations Mode – Play through extended versions of your favorite missions with the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines and added content and objectives;
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them to customize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players with more ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater;
- Real-world Locations – Travel through real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From the mighty flak towers dominating the heart of Berlin to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will bring destruction to the Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
Aspiring raiders have two ways they can begin the fight against the Reich on Steam:
RAID: World War II Standard Edition at $39.99, which includes the full base game.
RAID: World War II Special Edition at $64.99 which includes the full base game plus:
- A special in-game version of the Apple Red Kübelwagen car
- A RAID: World War II comic book available in-game and as a PDF
- A decorative bomb for the camp
- The RAID: World War II original soundtrack
- The special melee weapons “Marching Mace” and “The Admiral’s Dagger”
- Four exclusive special edition jackets for the characters
- RAID: World War II digital art book
- Four exclusive RAID: World War II wallpapers
- The golden Lion Game Lion logo
PAYDAY 2 loyalty discount
Players who own PAYDAY 2 on Steam will receive an additional 10% off the base game’s price and 10% off the Special Edition for a limited time after release.
About Lion Game Lion
Lion Game Lion, founded in 2013, is an independent studio located in Zagreb, Croatia, employing industry veterans from OVERKILL and elsewhere. See http://www.liongamelion.com for more information.
Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris, Los Angeles, Barcelona and Brussels, the company creates games and other virtual reality entertainment products, based on proprietary design and licensed content. Starbreeze most recent games include PAYDAY 2®, the VR shooter John Wick Chronicles and the upcoming survival co-op FPS OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead. Under its publishing initiative, Starbreeze has together with Canadian studio Behaviour Digital successfully launched the horror thriller Dead by Daylight.
Starbreeze has set out to develop truly immersive virtual reality experiences, by integrating software and hardware in its StarVR® head mounted display, which is produced together with Acer.
END PRESS RELEASE
I gotta say that this seems like a fun as hell game that I’d love to get my hands on. Maybe we will review it in the near future.