TOKYO, Japan – June 25, 2021 – Things are heating up for Ninjala’s first anniversary! GungHo Online Entertainment today announced a new collaboration with the hit anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba alongside its other 1st Anniversary festivities. Now through September 9, players will get the party started and get a little sand between their toes at the same time with Season 6.
June 17–September 9: Season 6
There’s plenty of sand for sandcastles in Season 6, which introduces:
- New Stage: Sphinx Valley, a desert guarded by Set-Drones which grant special abilities when defeated
- 2 Gum Weapons: Yo-yos designed for close combat—get close and personal with Extreme Motor and DJ Scratch
- New Shinobi Card: max out your S-Energy Gauge with Last Spurt, which will not deplete towards the end of a match
- Shinobi Shop: Select Shop and Trend Shop combined
- Ninjala Pass Mini: a budget pass for 300 Jala
June 25–July 7: 1st Anniversary Campaign
Happy Birthday, Ninjala! Everyone is invited to join the party—you don’t want to miss the 1st Anniversary campaign happening now:
- 1,000 Jala: free for everyone who logs in anytime between now and July 7
- 1st Anniversary celebration sale: Story Pack: Chapter 1 & 2 for $0.99 until July 6
July 17: 1st Anniversary Cup
Rise above your opponents like the summer sun in a special ranked tournament for Ninjala’s anniversary! The 1st Anniversary Cup is open to all regions, and all participants will receive a sticker as a reward. Players must collect points throughout the tournament, and the top four players will earn a unique IPPON Decoration and Emote. Players can also obtain additional IPPON Decorations, Emotes, Gumball Machine Coins, and Ninja Medals.
July 19–August 30: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Collab
You have faced aliens, beasts, and even your fellow ninja, but a new, greater challenge awaits…Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is coming to Ninjala! Players will want to master their swordplay and breathing techniques for this event, because a lot of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba goodies were revealed today:
- Avatar Outfits: dress up as Tanjiro Kamado, Nezuko Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma, Kyojuro Rengoku, Muzan Kibutsuji, and more
- Ninja-Gums: slice through your opponents like Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Rengoku, and other members of the Demon Slayer Corps with these weapon skins
- Emotes: express yourself in style with First Form: Water Surface Slash, First Form: Thunderclap and Flash, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun, and more
- Gum Utsusemi: morph into Tanjiro, Nezuko, Giyu, Rengoku, Muzan, and more
- Tournament: sharpen your skills for this special Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba competition that rewards players with special IPPON Decorations, Emotes, and Ninja-Gum
2021 Roadmap: Season 7
Today’s 1st Anniversary Celebration Stream also revealed that Ninjala’s Season 7 will debut a new Featured Battle called Last Ninja Standing. Gather 8 of your friends and fight until the last one standing wins in this 8-player battle royale! All Gum Weapons and Shinobi Cards are allowed, and players will duke it out on the WNA Academy stage. There are no second chances here—once you go down, you cannot respawn. Do you have what it takes to come out on top?
Additionally, Season 7 will introduce a Visual Lobby in beta. The lobby can host more than eight players, who can communicate by showing off their outfits, Emotes, Stickers, and more. No fighting is allowed, but nothing is stopping you from running up the walls or doing Gum Dashes!
Review codes for Story Pack: Chapter 1 and 2 are available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for codes.
What’s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba?
A TV anime series based on Koyoharu Gotoge’s best-selling manga, serialized in SHUEISHA’s JUMP COMICS with its 23 volumes selling a cumulative total of over 150 million printed copies in Japan (as of Apr. 2021).
First aired in Japan in Apr. 2019, the story begins with young Tanjiro Kamado joining the “Demon Slayer Corps” in search of a way to revert his demon-turned sister Nezuko—his only surviving family after their massacre by the hands of another demon—back into human form. Its heart wrenching tales of both people and demons alike, along with breathtaking displays of swordsmanship and occasional comedic scenes, garnered immense popularity worldwide.
Then on Oct. 16, 2020, the “Mugen Train Arc” movie adaptation was released in Japan as a direct sequel to the TV anime. Furthermore, a new season of the TV anime is currently scheduled to air in 2021.
©Koyoharu Gotoge / SHUEISHA, Aniplex, ufotable
ABOUT GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. (GOEA) is a multiplatform publisher dedicated to delivering the best titles, content, and support for the online gaming community. Established in 2012 and led by former Square Enix U.S.A. and XSEED Games executive Jun Iwasaki, GOEA is the US division of GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE), an established Japanese publisher. GOEA’s content partners include leading developers Grasshopper Manufacture, SUPERTRICK GAMES, Game Arts, Acquire, and Gravity, all of which are subsidiaries of GOE. GOEA publishes and distributes network-oriented games for console, handheld, mobile, tablet, and MMO-style games for PC. GOEA is located in El Segundo, CA. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com.
Trademarks are property of their respective owners. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
© GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc.