STOCKHOLM – Nov. 5, 2018 – Paradox Interactive and Haemimont Games have today announced that Surviving Mars’ first expansion Space Race will launch on November 15th, 2018 for PC, Xbox and PlayStation. With the introduction of rival colonies, players can look forward to a whole new side of extraterrestrial colonization with other settlements racing for milestones and key colonists as competitors, or issuing distress calls and trading as crucial allies. Either way, the cold expanse of space just got far less isolated with new rival colonies and new mission sponsors footing the bills.
Whether your approach to colonization of alien planets is fast and furious, or slow and steady wins the space, get all the information you need to get ahead in the new feature breakdown trailer here:
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
Or, check out the new expansion for yourself! Paradox is hosting a streaming event called Space Race – Rival Colonies Stream on the 7th of November at 17:00 CET 08:00 PST at the Paradox Mixer channel, and you can follow the Space Race here: https://mixer.com/paradoxinteractive
Surviving Mars: Space Race features include:
- A Challenger Appears: Compete for milestones and anomalies with several other AI colonies backed by rival sponsors attempting to set roots on Mars and vie to become this planet’s superpower. You can trade with, respond to distress calls for, issue distress calls to, and even steal important colonists from these competitor colonies as you establish your territory on Mars.
- Earth to Mars, repeat, Earth to Mars: No matter how deep in space you go, you need to follow the money. Each sponsor comes with unique, new sets of goals to complete as you further their individual goals for colonization.
- Represent the Home Team: Each sponsor has their own unique vehicle and building that only their colonies can construct and take advantage of in their mission. Express the individuality of your space-faring conglomerate inside and out of your domes.
- New Money, New Problems: Meet two new players in the fight for the final frontier. Japan and Brazil are now available as brand new mission sponsors and are ready to move heaven and Mars to make their mark!
- Expect the Unexpected: Experience narrative events throughout your colonization process that help reveal the realities of life in the dome and challenge your management skills.
Surviving Mars: Space Race Plus also features the Marsvision Song Contest and Colony Design Set content packs for the colonizer who appreciates the finer things in life on Mars:
- Human Music, I Like It: Mars hasn’t killed the radio star (yet)! With Marsvision Song Contest players get a new radio station featuring all the top pop songs from the sponsor countries. Bop along to some J-pop, Bollywood and more as you fend off mortal peril for your colonists!
- Smarten Up Your Streets: Deck out your dome with 25 new buildings to give a fresh look to your living, working, and playing quarters. Whether it’s a Stirling Generator or a Spacebar, make sure you spruce up your space to be out of this world.
Get a headstart in the race and sign up for a pre-order here: https://www.paradoxplaza.com/surviving-mars-space-race/SUSM01ESK0000063-MASTER.html
To find out more about Surviving Mars take a look at here for upcoming news and community activities: www.survivingmars.com/
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox also owns White Wolf Interactive, though none of the publisher’s employees are vampires.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden and in Delft, The Netherlands. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.