SAN FRANCISCO, CA (OCTOBER 5, 2017) – Humble Bundle, Inc. — digital retailer of games, ebooks, software and more, where customers can donate to charity through popular pay-what-you-want bundle promotions and now a leading multi-platform games publisher — today announced that its 3D collect-a-thon platformer A Hat in Time is now available for Windows PC and Mac for $29.99 USD via Steam or the Humble Bundle store. A Hat in Time will also be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this fall. Developed by Gears for Breakfast, A Hat in Time is a true homage to the greatest 3D platformers and a love letter to the classic Nintendo GameCube.
In A Hat in Time, you play as the Hat Kid, a tiny space-traveling girl with a lot of heart and a big top hat, as she travels the universe to protect the world from the evil Mustache Girl. Join her as she explores five incredibly diverse and giant open worlds, jumping and fighting her way through baddies, and unlocking sweet new hats with all-new abilities. On her way, she’ll bump into the menacing Mafia of Cooks, the goofy birds of Dead Bird Studio, the spooky shadows of Subcon Forest, and more!
This charming adventure channels the spirit of beloved games such as Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Psychonauts. Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie, is even on board as a composer for A Hat in Time. A Hat in Time also holds the honor of being one of the largest Kickstarter-funded indie 3D platformers, at nearly 1000% of its original Kickstarter goal!
Key Features include:
- Seven Worlds to Discover: Play through massive worlds Mafia Town, Subcon Forest, Battle of the Birds, Alpine Skyline and two free DLC worlds post-launch.
- Exploration is Key: Every nook and cranny contains some type of goody to help you overcome new obstacles.
- Pick on Someone Not Your Own Size: Hat Girl may be small, but she packs a punch! Defeat an eclectic cast of baddies to unlock goodies and fight giant bosses.
- Yay Upgrades: Improve your weapon with new platforming moves and combat ability unlocks.
- Badges: Don’t tell the scouts, but badges actually give you special powers!
- F is for Friends Who Do Stuff Together: A post-release multiplayer update will let you grab a buddy and enjoy the game together in co-op multiplayer — Split-screen and online.
- Put Some Pep in Your Step: Featuring music co-composed by Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie.
“A Hat in Time has received such great feedback since we first previewed the game at Gamescom and PAX West earlier this year,” said John Polson, Humble Bundle publishing lead. “People love the charm and simplicity of classic 3D platformers and we wanted to bring this genre back with A Hat in Time. We’re thrilled that everyone will get a chance to experience this cute-as-heck 3D platformer today.”
To download A Hat in Time, please visit:
The Humble Bundle store at https://www.humblebundle.com/store/a-hat-in-time or
To learn more about A Hat in Time, please visit http://hatintime.com. For more information about the “Presented by Humble Bundle” initiative or the individual published titles, please visit https://www.humblebundle.com/publishing .
About Humble Bundle
Humble Bundle sells games, ebooks, software, and other digital content through pay-what-you-want bundle promotions, the Humble Store, and the Humble Monthly curated subscription service. When buying a bundle, customers not only choose how much to pay, but also how their payment is divided between the content creators, charity, and Humble Bundle. Purchases from the Humble Store and subscriptions to Humble Monthly also help support charity. In 2017, Humble Bundle announced the launch of a multi-platform funding and creative initiative to publish games “Presented by Humble Bundle.” Since the company’s launch in 2010, Humble Bundle and its community have raised more than $98 million for a wide range of charities across the world. To see more, visit https://www.humblebundle.com .