KARLSRUHE, GERMANY (JUNE 5, 2018) – Gameforge — leading western publisher of popular free-to-play multiplayer online games SoulWorker, Elsword and NosTale — is excited to announce that Japanese game developer Soleil’s rowdy third-person shooter RockShot is now available on Steam Early Access in North America and Europe. Surprise Suckas! Anarchy reigns supreme in this strategic shooter where players rock and roll their way to victory in high-adrenaline competitive multiplayer firefights.
Prepare to squad up, defend your home turf and commit acts of stylish violence. The world of RockShot has been shattered by an orbital collision, and the only ones left alive are the ruffians, rockers and degenerates. Supremacy is the number one goal in RockShot, so teamwork is essential. Coordinate your attacks to strategically dismantle the opposition and expand your territories. RockShot isn’t for the faint-hearted, so nut up or shut up!
RockShot Key Features:
- Don’t RAID Me Bro: Forge a team of punks and renegades to attack enemy bases together in RAID mode, or design your own bases and defend them tooth and nail against assaults. Give your enemies the explosive welcome that they deserve!
- BE THE CIRCLE: Expand the borders of your territory and increase your sphere of influence. There ain’t no running from this sphere; teams that dominate the arena can have their chickens and eat them too!
- Well-Known Battlegrounds: Hop into an intuitive base-builder to carefully construct your domain. Add structures, defenses, and more, upgrading it piece by piece as you acquire resources.
- Melee-Based Ultra-Violence: Perfect your melee combos using your favorite toys from a wide range of weaponry, including katanas and “Flying Vanguard” electric guitars.
- Customize and Terrorize: Earned resources can be invested in a powerful arsenal to keep the enemy at bay — from standard issue firearms and machine guns to earth-shattering airstrikes that can quickly turn the tide of battle. Express your wild side with unlockable outfits as well!
In addition to RAID Mode, players can cut their teeth and earn experience in various PvP and PvE game modes — some familiar to old-school shooter fans, while others more eccentric — that will be rotated in every few weeks. Launch game modes will also include Team Deathmatch and Free4-All. RockShot’s first timed special event will unite players to survive an invasion of mutant experiments in Chimera-Mode.
Gameforge and Soleil have worked towards the Steam Early Access release of RockShot since mid-2017, aiming to bring a classically-inspired but gung-ho third-person shooter to gamers itching to cause mayhem with their friends. Soleil’s team of talented creators were behind numerous popular action-packed game series such as Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, as well as the upcoming NARUTO TO BORUTO: SHINOBI STRIKER. RockShot will initially be released in English and German, with further languages planned post-launch.
RockShot is available as a free download for Windows PC on Steam at http://playrockshot.com. The first of several introductory onboarding videos for new players is available on YouTube at: https://uberstrategist.link/RockShot-RaidMode101.
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the Western Hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including prized role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe’s most successful MMO, Metin2. Action anime MMORPG SoulWorker is the latest release in Gameforge’s portfolio. Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. Visit Gameforge at www.gameforge.com .
Located in downtown Tokyo, Soleil is a leading independent Japanese game developer established in 2008 focusing on high-end action titles for both PC and home consoles. Featuring a mix of exciting new talent and proven industry experience, Soleil is home to a number of core staff that have worked on successful titles in the Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden series. With several games currently in production, including the highly-anticipated NARUTO TO BORUTO: SHINOBI STRIKER, and a diverse team of both Japanese and international staff, Soleil is one of only a handful of Japanese game studios setting its sights on the world market.