November 12, 2018 – Los Angeles, CA – Akupara Games and Oscar Brittain announce the launch date of their highly anticipated hoverbike racing adventure, Desert Child, coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam as a digital download on December 11, 2018, and to Xbox One on December 12, 2018, and will retail for $11.99.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
In Desert Child you are broke, but talented, hoverbike racer who needs to find a way off Earth to get to Mars to compete in the Grand Prix, the greatest race in the universe. Explore a vibrant pixel-art solar system in this stylized racing adventure flavored with colorful sidequests, fierce hoverbike competitions, and a chill, lo-fi hip-hop soundtrack, all developed by solo developer, Oscar Brittain.
- Hunt bounties, deliver pizzas, throw races – do anything you can to earn cash.
- Explore a pixel-art solar system inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline.
- Customize your vintage bike with various modifications.
- Dine on a range of interplanetary cuisine with sweet buffs to help you win.
- Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style.
- Race, shoot, and get better! Designed for replayability, with secrets that will keep you coming back.
- Chill to an original lo-fi/hip-hop soundtrack.
Desert Child will also be a part of the Kinda Funny Games Showcase, taking place on December 8, 2018 at 10 AM PT on Twitch, where a special trailer will debut. For more information, visit www.kindafunny.com.
About Oscar Brittain
Based out of Fremantle, Western Australia, Oscar Brittain left his pursuit of an Architecture degree at the University of Western Australia to finish work on Desert Child. His visual style is greatly influenced by his studies, and attributes much of his design knowledge to his time at college. For more information, visit: www.desertchildgame.com
About Akupara Games
Founded in 2016 by David Logan, the Los Angeles based company provides development, marketing, and publishing services to independent studios and designers. Akupara Games values creativity and digital storytelling, and seeks to create a compassionate, personalized experience for every client. For more information, visit: AkuparaGames.com