CALABASAS, Calif. – Jan. 22, 2018 – Indie publisher 505 Games and BAFTA award-winning development studio Roll7 today announced the upcoming open beta for Laser League, the arcade-style multiplayer action sport of the future. The open beta will begin on Friday, Jan. 26 at 9:00 a.m. PST and run through Sunday, Jan. 28 at 10:00 p.m. PST on Steam for PC. All players who participate will receive exclusive in-game bonus items, including the Al Shama OASIS 401 Limited Edition Kit, unique emojis and character portraits. Catch a glimpse of the fast-paced fun in a new video released today:
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
Three futuristic international stadiums will be available in the open beta, bringing players a variety of twelve maps, each with a different gameplay style, including:
- Empire Campus Stadium (London, UK)
- Gauntlet: Restrictive map that quickly escalates in complexity
- Spin Cycle: Defensive map with perpetual long lasers
- Geng Hao Megaplex (Tianjin, China)
- Warzone: Multiple short firing nodes
- Crusher: Short moving lasers trap players
- Silvertip Arena (Detroit, USA)
- Y-Control: Long central orbiting lasers and shorter rotating lasers
- Prime: Interlocking lasers that allow players to expand control by owning the center of the map
International players can join the Laser League open beta by joining servers in North America, Europe, Russia and Singapore to experience this content and more, choosing from six classes – each with a unique ability – in their attempt to dominate the pitch and climb the leaderboards. Available classes include:
- Blade: Offers a short-range attack to eliminate opponents
- Smash: Provides a longer-range dash attack, to send opponents flying across the pitch
- Snipe: Allows players to drop a marker and trace a line across the pitch, then teleport back, eliminating anyone in their path
- Ghost: Gives players a few seconds of invincibility to safely grab laser nodes or revive teammates
- Thief: Delivers opportunities to steal laser nodes that have been activated by the opposition
- Shock: Lends powers of electricity to stun rivals
Like all great sports, Laser League is simple to pick up and play, but rewards dedication with deeply strategic possibilities as players learn the complexities of classes and maps. In the open beta, players will be able to gain XP and progress to the highest levels, unlocking customizable items, but progress will be wiped for the upcoming Early Access.
For more information on the Laser League open beta, please visit: http://www.laserleaguegame.com/
About 505 Games
505 Games is a global video game publisher focused on offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and levels. The company publishes and distributes premium and free-to-play games on leading console, PC and handheld platforms as well as for mobile devices and social networks.
Publishing highlights in premium games include Last Day of June, PAYDAY 2, Terraria, Portal Knights, Assetto Corsa, ABZÛ, Virginia, Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons and How to Survive. Free-to-play publishing highlights include Battle Islands, Gems of War and Hawken. Distribution highlights include Stardew Valley, Dead by Daylight and Inside/Limbo. Upcoming titles include Overkill’s The Walking Dead, Indivisible (from the development team behind Skullgirls), Underworld Ascendant (successor to the popular Ultima Underworld series), and Koji Igarashi’s next project, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
505 Games has offices in California, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and China. It works with a network of distribution and sub-licensing partners in all other markets. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.com
Roll7 are a multi-award winning independent games studio based in London. Founded in 2008 as a digital agency, the team developed a number of games, applications and campaigns for clients, however began work on original IP in 2012. Roll7 is best known for skateboarding series OlliOlli, which won a BAFTA for Best Sports Game. In 2015 the studio released pixel shooter NOT A HERO to rave reviews and immediate cult status.
Copyright © 2018 RollingMedia Ltd (T/A Roll7). Published under license by 505 Games. 505 Games and the 505 Games logo are registered trademarks of 505 Games S.p.A and/or its Affiliates. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.